Thursday, October 30, 2014

What are two central conflicts in your book?

     One conflict I see in my book Ender's Game is man vs. man because Ender has to fight aliens from a different planet so they don't invade Earth. I see this conflict when the main character talks about how they have to train for an alien invasion. For example, one scene in my book is when Ender is training for the alien invasion in a game simulator. Also the main character gets tricked when he kills an alien species when he thought he was just in the simulator. Another man vs. man moment is when he is fighting Bonzo in the shower. Man vs. society is when he says that the aliens can speak to them and no one believe's him. Conflict is when their is something holding the main character back and he has to solve the problem.


Another conflict I see is man vs. self because Ender has to get through some emotional problems. The main character for example says,

"In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him. I think it’s impossible to really understand somebody, what they want, what they believe, and not love them the way they love themselves. And then, in that very moment when I love them.... I destroy them.”  In one scene, the character in my book gets teased by his teacher named Mazer Reckham.  Man vs. self is when the character is going through an emotional problem. Internal conflict is a problem going on inside of the body. External conflict is when the character has problem outside the body.









No comments:

Post a Comment