Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Banned Books Vlog


Where the Wild Things Are
By Maurice Sendak




Commented on:
Nathan's Blog
Sofia's Blog
Amilee's Blog
Sam's Blog
Andrea's Blog



Sources'

"About Banned & Challenged Books." American Library Association
           American Library Association, 2015. Web. 8 Oct. 2015.

"Banned Books That Shaped America." Banned Books Week. Banned Books Week, 2015. Web. 8                  Oct. 2015. 
           http://www.bannedbooksweek.org  

Doyle, Robert P. "Celebrating 30 Years of the Freedom to Read." Illinois Library Association.                        Illinois Library Association, 2015. Web. 28 Sept. 2015. '                                                                        https://www.ila.org/initiatives/banned-books-week 

10 comments:

  1. I learned that parents will ban almost any little thing that is wrong with a book like the tantrum and being sent to bed without supper. While I was watching your video I felt like you weren't yourself and that you where a little nervous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Banned books are always banned for silly reasons. A tantrum does symbolized dangerous behavior. That is what I learned. Nice video by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I learned how sensitive some people are to some things, because some people think if someone just hears about something, they will do that thing all the time. Also, great job on being loud and clear, I could hear every word you said.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This video was really good because I learned where it was banned. I did not know that parents could be so sensitive towards such simple things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I learned that this book was challenged almost immediately after it'e release.
    Great job, you were very loud and organized.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job! You explained everything really clear and loud. I didn't know that it was immediately banned after it was published.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your video was very good, you spoke up and were easily heard. I agree a lot with Sofia, parents can sometimes see things on a whole different perspective as we do. I felt like there was nothing wrong with the book, but others see different.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a good job on this video. It was very easy to hear. I learned that parents and schools can ban and challenge things for stupid reasons. I think that a tantrum is kind of a silly reason to ban children from reading a book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved "Where the Wild Things Are" as a little kid! I had no idea that it could ever be banned. I see why parents would think it would influence bad behavior, but look at me I turned out just fine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Remember Mrs. Larson, It won't work so you have to pass by it. The citations I mean

    ReplyDelete